everything old is new again

the incoherent ramblings of a struggling artist, costume designer, spinner, knitter, beader, regular single gal in the twin cities of minneapolis st. paul.

Monday, March 20, 2006

End of a long weekend, start of a loooooong week

Both shows ended this week. Saturday night's show was *interesting* to say the least, we blew out one of our dimmer boxes. There's only 4 in the theater to begin with, and someone plugged a non-grounded wire into the box. And then plugged about 2800 watts worth of lights into a box that's supposed to take a max of 2600. So after leaving the theater at 12, the Stage Manager and I (Ok mostly her) re-lit the whole stage, starting at 10:30 the next morning.
I then went over to the kid's show to watch it with my parents, then struck the costumes, then came back to the other theater where the other show was wrapping up, and struck that show and painted the floor back to black. Good times.

Got some Thai food, read the NY Times magazine, and was unable to fall asleep. It could be due to the new meds, I hadn't slept much Saturday/Sunday but I thought it was from being keyed up about the lights. But last night was MISERABLE. I tossed and turned almost all night. I slept for about 3 hours in the morning, as far as I could tell. Got up and drank water about 2-3 times. I know I ate too much Thai food, but that wasn't why I couldn't sleep....ugh. Who knows.

If I can't sleep again tonight, I'll have to call my doc to change the meds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home