everything old is new again

the incoherent ramblings of a struggling artist, costume designer, spinner, knitter, beader, regular single gal in the twin cities of minneapolis st. paul.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Leaving it behind

I'd written a crazy, rambling diatribe here. Which I've thought better of, and removed.

All I'll say is, I need to learn not to invest so much in imaginary relationships.
Or ones born of conveinience. Ugh. I probably spelled that wrong. Anyway.

I'm attending a new church which I like very much.
I've only been to the Christmas service and yesterday's service, but the minister is amazingly gifted, the music is fantastic, and the congretation is young, diverse, and spiritually charged. I can't wait to learn more about this church.
The minister of this church was recently diagnosed with cancer, and his sermon yesterday touched on the concept of self-pity as a form of pride, which I'd never even heard of but it makes perfect sense.

So no more self-pity for me, I am only a victim if I choose to be one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home