everything old is new again

the incoherent ramblings of a struggling artist, costume designer, spinner, knitter, beader, regular single gal in the twin cities of minneapolis st. paul.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Alone at work

Supervisor and other co-worker called in sick today. It's a test of my will to see how much work I'll get done today.

I think I'm addicted to the internet. Finding all these hilarious blogs these past few weeks. My morning check-list is about 20 blogs long, now. Wow.

No time to be creative these past few days and it's starting to drag on me. I mean, at work I've done some computer work and some photos and designed some jewelry but it's not the same.

Finished up a friend's dress on Sunday night, and sewed a purse and a shawl for her too, but since then, NADA.

Need to do more research on the imagery of the Ramayana for this next kid's show. Need to make several monkeys, a bear, a couple of demons and oh yeah, a FLYING 10-HEADED DEMON KING. Great. Easy peasy!

Went and saw Cannibal:the Musical! last night at the 4th street in St. Paul. http://www.mechanicaldivision.com/home
Hil-Air-E-Ous.
My face still hurts from laughing/smiling the whole time.

Ok. Time to do some Work. My Madonna CD is over. That means I've wasted 58 minutes. Oy.

3 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, January 10, 2006 10:37:00 AM, Blogger Dannananananblez said…

    'Sup? I came across your site because it was like, on the front blogger.com page and it was all "everything old is new again" and I was like heyyyy that's a Barenaked Ladies song! So, I decided to take a little peeky at your page site blogness thing.


    I think it's cool that you can knit. I know it's not like, rare or uncommon that people can knit, but I've tried before and I suck horribly at it, so I think it's like cool and stuff. Y'know? Haha, yeah.

    You seem pretty nice, cool, funny, and all that other good jazz.

    I'm at school and stuff right now, so I'd probably should go and stuff.
    Well, um, I hope you have a good day and whatnot.

    sincerely,
    deanna.

     
  • At Tuesday, January 10, 2006 11:46:00 AM, Blogger beccajo said…

    Thanks Deanna! Knitting's easy and good for relaxing. Don't get worried, it takes a few months to get good. Find a local yarn store with open knitting hours and employees to help you out....

     
  • At Friday, January 13, 2006 8:20:00 PM, Blogger HRGE said…

    I FOUND THE ENVELOPE THAT YOU SENT ME A BRACELET IN AND I REMEMBERED THAT I WAS GOING TO BUY MYSELF SOMETHING FOR CHRISTMAS. I AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE LOSS OF YOUR OLD WEB SITE AND I'M NOT SURE IF YOUR ARE STILL INTERESTED IN MAKING THINGS FOR OTHERS. BUT IF YOU WOULD ARE I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE TWO MORE BRACELETS. LET ME KNOW.

    OH BY THE WAY I AM THE WOMAN WITH THE UNHAPPY BOY AT THE ART THING AT THE COMMUNITY CENTER.
    I AM NOW A REAL PERSON ON THE WEB- JUST NOT VERY SMART ON THE WHOLE THING. IT'S A WORK IN PROGRESS.

    MY E-MAIL IS HRGE@mac.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home